1. Communication in Ubuntu Development¶
In a project where thousands of lines of code are changed, lots of decisions are made and hundreds of people interact every day, it is important to communicate effectively.
1.1. Mailing lists¶
Mailing lists are a very important tool if you want to communicate ideas to a broader team and make sure that you reach everybody, even across timezones.
In terms of development, these are the most important ones:
- https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel-announce (announce-only, the most important development announcements go here)
- https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel (general Ubuntu development discussion)
- https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu (MOTU Team discussion, get help with packaging)
1.2. IRC Channels¶
For real-time discussions, please connect to irc.freenode.net and join one or any of these channels:
- #ubuntu-devel (for general development discussion)
- #ubuntu-motu (for MOTU team discussion and generally getting help)